About Profile App
The Profile application is built in the Application Development Framework (ADF).
The profile application provides the functionality to allow users to manage and share their information throughout the site. A profile page provides the user with a unique page URL that can be shared. The users can manage their profile pages and edit their information through a profile dashboard page. Users profile information can be connected and synchronized to an external data source. Profiles can be configured to allow multiple roles and profile pages in multiple subsites and derived from multiple templates.
The ADF must be configured correctly for your site. The Site Configuration (ADF.cfc) wiki page has instructions for configuration.
The Profile application contains the following:
- Custom Coding - various components and scripts.
- CommonSpot Components:
'Note:' Elements may contain one or more: Render Handlers or Custom Field Types. They do NOT use Display Templates.
Application Development Framework (ADF) must be setup and configured on the server for the site that will be implementing the Profile application. For detailed instructions, see the Application Development Framework (ADF) wiki page for Site Configurations.
This installation guide assumes that you have no Custom Elements/Metadata Forms with the names above. Before the install, remove any Custom Elements/Metadata Forms with the names listed in the "Contents" section above. (If you do not remove existing elements with these names, you may have difficulties during the installation.)
Current Release Version:
The installation has been completed and you are ready to start creating profiles.
- Navigate to the Profile Dashboard page and click the "Click Here, to create a profile" link.
- In the profile form userid field, enter the CommonSpot username that you logged into the site. Completed the rest of the form with your bio information. Submit the form once complete.
- This will create your profile and after the Profile Dashboard page refreshes you'll see your profile info with link to edit and a link to view your profile page.
The profile application provides the following features:
- Profile Roles
- Multiple Subsites
- Multiple Templates
- Extended Profile Elements
- Authorized Administrators
- Auto Create
- Bulk Creation/Update
- Hooks to Photo Gallery App
- Nightly Scheduled Job Import/Update
Found a bug, view the Known Issues/Bugs wiki page. Your issue not on the list? Then post it so the issue can be addressed.