PT Social Media Version 3.1 Upgrade
Back to PT Social Media
IMPORTANT: v3.1 of this application requires ADF 2.0 or greater (and CommonSpot 10 or greater)
The following guide is for upgrading from v3.0 to v3.1. If you are updating from a version earlier than v3.0, please complete the v1.0 - v3.0 Upgrade Guides in order.
- Rename directory "/ADF/apps/pt_socialmedia/" to "/ADF/apps/pt_socialmedia_v3_0/".
- Rename file "/ADF/apps/pt_socialmedia_v3_0/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/pt_socialmedia_v3_0/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Download the PT Social Media v3.1 and copy the extracted files into the "/ADF/apps/pt_socialmedia/" directory.
- Reset the ADF
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_socialmedia/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.
Reset the ADF
Reset the ADF for the server and site.