PT Sync CCAPI Configuration
The PT Sync Application uses the ADF CCAPI to populate custom element records on the destination site. The CCAPI needs to be configured for the source and destination site.
First, follow the steps to set up the CCAPI Config file for the site. Once that configuration is complete, follow the steps below to set up the CCAPI config for the PT Sync application. Make sure to update the wsVars section with the correct URLs and username/password.
Configure the CCAPI for the custom elements on the destination site. The following steps configure the Sync Test custom element as an example.
- Create a new page called 'ccapi'. Recommend creating this page in the root subsite. This page may already exist if you have installed other ADF apps.
- Add the 'Sync Test Element' element to the page.
- Select the 'Sync Test Element' element indicator and go to 'more...'. Select 'Name' from the menu.
- In the Element Name field, enter the text 'ccapiSyncTest'.
- Publish this page and view in read mode.
- Edit the 'ccapi.xml' file for the site and add the following xml block into the <elements> section:
<Sync_Test_Element> <pageID>1000</pageID> <subsiteID>1</subsiteID> <elementType>custom</elementType> <controlName>ccapiSyncTest</controlName> </Sync_Test_Element>
- The tag name must match the custom element name with replacing spaces with underscores and delete special any non-alphanumeric characters. In this example, the custom element name is "Sync Test Element", therefore the tag name will be "Sync_Test_Element". Another example is the custom element name "Sync Test Element (Again)", needs to be "Sync_Test_Element_Again" in the config.
To populate the <pageID> and <subsiteID> tags, view the source code for the 'ccapi' page that was just created.
Identify the following line in the source code and enter this numeric value into the <subsiteID> tag:
var jsSubSiteID = ##;
Identify the following line in the source code and enter this numeric value into the <pageID> tag:
var jsPageID = ####;
Reset the ADF for the server and site.