PT Forums Categories Page
Back to Build Templates/Pages
The Forum Home/Categories page is the top level forum listing page.
To construct your Forum Categories page complete the following steps.
- Create a CommonSpot page with a name of 'index' and a title of 'Forum Home' using the Forums template and place it in the Forums subsite.
- Place the Forum Categories Custom Element on this page.
- Click Render Mode in the element interface.
- Select Display existing element data (content reuse) on the Rendering Mode tab.
- Select the Filter tab.
- Select Filter Type to Show subset of records.
- Select the field drop-down as the Category Active field.
- Select the operator as Equals.
- Select the operator as Yes.
- Select the sort order drop-down as the Category Name field and Ascending.
- Click OK on the render mode window.
- Click More in the element interface. Then the Custom Render Handlers menu option, and choose the Defualt or the Categories Page Render Handler.
- Submit the Page.
Update the Forums for the 'FORUM_HOME_URL' field. Edit the row in the datasheet and select the CommonSpot page that was created.
Reset the ADF for the server and site.