PT Blog Version 4.1 Upgrade
Back to PT Blogs
IMPORTANT: v4.1 of this application requires ADF 2.0 or greater (ADF 2.3.1 or greater is recommended)
This guide for upgrading the PT Blog v4.1 application from v4.0. If upgrading from a lower version than v4.0, please follow the PT Blog Upgrade v4.0 Guide to validate your installation.
- Rename directory "/ADF/apps/pt_blog" to "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v4_0".
- Rename file "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v4_0/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v4_0/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Download the PT Blog v4.1 and extract the files and folder structure into the "/ADF/apps/pt_blog/" directory.
- Reset the ADF.
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_blog/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.