OHSU Navigation Upgrade v3.0
Back to OHSU Navigation
* This application has been deprecated and will no longer be supported. PaperThin strongly recommends that customers utilizing this application should migrate to the native Tree Elements introduced with CommonSpot 9.
IMPORTANT: v3.0 of this application requires ADF 2.0 or greater
ADF Application Code Review
This is only for reviewing the code that is in the "/ADF/apps/" directory, not at the site level.
- Download the application from the Community project page.
- Unzip the application zip folder.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the current app code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are not overwritten by the app update.
- A great tool to use is Beyond Compare to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- Once this is complete, then move your app customizations into the new app code package.
- Rename directory "/ADF/apps/ohsu_nav" to "/ADF/apps/ohsu_nav_v2.0".
- Rename file "/ADF/apps/ohsu_nav_v2.0/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/ohsu_nav_v2.0/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Move the OHSU Nav v3.0 and into the "/ADF/apps/ohsu_nav/" directory.
- Reset the ADF
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_calendar/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.
The custom field has been upgraded for CommonSpot 10.
- Go to Site Admin > Elements & Forms
- Select the Field Types and Masks option from the left menu.
- Scroll down until you find the Navigation custom field.
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the field name.
- Select "edit" from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Render Component tab
- For the Explicit Render Component Path enter URL:
This application uses the CommonSpot 10 resource loading.
- Go to Site Admin > Resources/Libraries and open the Registered Resources/Libraries dialog.
- Click on the Secondary tab and on the bottom of the dialog
- Select the "Add Resource/Library" link.
- For the Resource Name enter:
- Leave the Resource Category radio button set to Secondary.
- For the description enter:
- "Loads the OHSUNav Interface Style Sheet"
- For the Resource Name enter:
- Then click on the "Resource URLS" tab and on the top of the dialog where it says "Early Loading" enter URL:
- Leave the type set to "Stylesheet".
- Hit the "Add" button.
- At the bottom of this dialog select the "Save" button.
Before using the App, don't forget to reset the ADF.
Reset the ADF
Reset the ADF for the server and site.