Twitter Import Elements
The Twitter Application has three Custom Components defined within CommonSpot. The components have been exported and are available in the app's "exported-objects" folder located at the root of the Twitter application directory (e.g. /ADF/apps/twitter/exported-objects/).
Optional: You may want to create a new category within the CommonSpot Element Gallery for 'Twitter Elements'.
To import these objects, you will need to be an administrator for your site. If you are not a site administrator, consult your Server administrator for more information.
Follow these steps to import the Custom Elements:
- Go to your site's admin.cfm (CommonSpot's Site Administrator).
- Expand the 'Elements & Forms' tab and click on 'Elements'.
- In the Manage Elements screen click on 'Manage Categories'.
- Now click the 'Add New Category' link and create a 'Twitter Elements' category.
- Close the 'Manage Element Categories' screen.
- Back in the 'Manage Elements' screen click on the 'Import Custom Element' link.
- Now click on 'Browse...' and go to the /ADF/apps/twitter/exported-objects/ folder
- Click on one of the ZIP files to import that custom element.
- Be sure to choose your new 'Twitter Elements' category
- Click Next.
- Repeat steps 7-10 for other custom elements in the exported-objects folder.
The imported components' render handlers must be verified. During the import process, the render handler paths may have been changed to reflect the current site's path.
Review and update these paths to reference the ADF path. In most cases, this will just require to be unlocked and a change in the path from the site name to 'ADF'.