PT Import Content Page Mapping Confing
The Page Mapping is the identification of the pages that are to be created and populated as part of the content import process.
The goal of this configuration is to populate the "page_mapping" table in the external database that was previously configured (External Database Setup). We have auto-created a table called "page_mapping" that will be the source data. Review the page mapping data fields below for the details of the data.
You have the ability to populate this table directly, or develop a script to populate this table, etc. They the application we offer the ability to populate a spreadsheet that will be imported into the "page_mapping" table.
The sample spreadsheet is located in the apps site_files directory ("/ADF/apps/pt_import_content/site_files/pt_import_content/data/"). If you want to configure the data through the spreadsheet follow the next steps:
- Copy the "content_mapping.xls" and paste into the following directory within the site "/_cs_apps/pt_import_content/data/content_mapping.xls".
- Edit the spreadsheet to update the columns as they are defined in detail below.
- On the PT Import Content Dashboard page, locate the Tools accordion menu in the right column.
- Click the link for "Import Page Source Data". This will open a lightbox dialog that will guide through importing the spreadsheet data into the data database table.
Once this table is populated, the Getting Started guide will walk through the page import processing.
Page Mapping Fields
The following are the fields in the subsite mapping data and details:
- OldPageID - The ID for the current page record. (If importing a CommonSpot site, this will be the current site PageID)
- OldSubsiteURL - The current subsite path for the page within the current site.
- Template - Name of the template for the new page to be created from. (The template name defined in the page mapping data will take precedence over the template name defined in the subsite mapping.)
- NewSubsiteURL - The subsite path for the new page within the new site.
- Name - The CommonSpot name for the page. A short name for the page from which the page's url will be derived.
- Title - The CommonSpot title for the page.
- Keywords - Comma delimited list of keywords for the new page.
- Description - A brief summary of the page's content.
- Content - HTML formatted content that will be populated into the page. (If importing a CommonSpot site, this field can left empty. A connection to the existing CommonSpot site will be made through the "OldPageID" field to retrieve the page content.)
- PublicationDate - Scheduled publication date for this page (optional, will default to the current date and the page will be made active).
- DateContentLastModified - Last modified date for the page (optional).