Facebook App Post to FB Page CFT
The Post to Facebook Page Custom Field allows you to publish a message to a Facebook Page that you are an admin for, directly from CommonSpot. To accomplish this add this Custom Field Type to one of your Custom Elements and you'll be able to publish to your Facebook Page while editing the content of your Custom Element.
1. Import the Post to Facebook Page custom field type.
Note: Verify the paths for the Property and Render modules point to the ADF mapping, not the current site's mapping.
To set up a demo of the Post to Facebook Page custom field, follow these steps:
- Create a new custom element and add a new field that has the Post to Facebook Page Custom Field Type as its type.
- Note: You may want to add this field in its own tab.
- Add any other fields you want.
- Create a new page and place your new element on the page.
- Click the 'New Data' button.
- If you're presented with a Facebook Login button click it and accept the link between your Facebook application and your Facebook account.
- Note: Even if you've already linked your account to the application, in order to be able to post to the page the app will request more privileges which you'll be ask to accept at this point. This will happen only once.
- Once your account is linked to the app, you'll see a drop-down asking you to select a page.
- Important: You have to be an admin for at lease one Facebook Page in order to be able to use this feature. This feature does not post to your personal Facebook account.
- Select a page and type in the message you want to post to Facebook.
- Click Save and the Custom Element data will be saved and your message will be posted. You'll get a confirmation of the post.