PT Profile Schedule Bulk Update
The following steps will step a ColdFusion scheduled task to run at night to automate the updating to profile records to your external database. The task will create a scheduled job within the ADF Scheduler library component. This will create a separate ColdFusion scheduled task to process the update/insert for the profile records.
This scheduled task should be configured on the CommonSpot Authoring server.
- Navigate to the ColdFusion Administrator and login.
- Open the "Debugging & Logging > Scheduled Tasks" menu option.
- Click the "Schedule New Task" button.
- In the "Add/Edit Scheduled Task" form enter the following fields:
- Task Name = Profile-Nightly-Import
- Frequency = Recurring Daily @ 01:00
- This time can vary based on your requirements.
- URL = http://csauth.mysitedomain.com/_cs_apps/ajaxProxy.cfm?bean=profileService&method=autoImportUpdate&restart=true&scheduleProcess=true&passCount=50&delayMinutes=5
- Update the path to point to your sites authoring server.
- You can also modify the URL parameters for the following:
- passCount = Number of profile records to process in a row before scheduling a task to run the next "passCount" number of records.
- delayMinutes = Number of minutes to pause after the "passCount" number of records has been processed.
- Click the "Submit" button to save the form.
The Automated Import/Update process will generate logs within the CommonSpot logs directory. The log entries contain information for the date/time stamp the profile update was run, the profile userID that was process, and if the profile was updated.