Difference between revisions of "CCAPI Library Component"

From ADF Docs
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:

==Overview==

==Overview==
The CCAPI is a library utility packaged with the ADF.  The library contains three CFC's which will help you:
+
CommonSpot has an extensive API for creating content (pages, subsites, images etc...).  The API can however, be a bit difficult to work with.  The CCAPI is a library utility packaged with the ADF. Using the CCAPI you can complete simple tasks like creating a page easily with code like this:
* [[CCAPI Element|Populate Content into a Textblock/Custom Element]]
+

* [[CCAPI Page|Create/Delete Pages]]
+
<pre>
* [[CCAPI Subsite|Create Subsites]]
+
metadata=structNew();
 +
metadata.templateID=9122;
 +
metadata.name="My New Page";
 +
metadata.title="My New Page Title";
 +
application.ADF.csPage.createPage(metadata);
 +
</pre>
 +

+
The CCAPI is essentially an application but is located in the ADF Library in the /ADF/lib/CCAPI directory.  The CCAPI components work together to make it easy to add/modify content programmatically.
 +

+
== CCAPI details ==
 +
The CCAPI is actually a series of components in combination with a configuration file that piggybacks on top of the [[Application_Site_Config|Application Site Config]] option.
 +

+
=== CFC's ===
 +
* ccapi controls the main configuration of the app
 +
* csContent[[CCAPI Element|Populate Content into a Textblock/Custom Element]]
 +
* csPage [[CCAPI Page|Create/Delete Pages]]
 +
* csSubsite [[CCAPI Subsite|Create Subsites]]

=== Config ===

=== Config ===

* [[CCAPI Config| CCAPI Config]]

* [[CCAPI Config| CCAPI Config]]

==Ajax==

There is also an [[Ajax loader|Ajax Loader]] utility that allows you to make calls to several CCAPI methods

[[Category:Project]]

[[Category:Project]]

[[Category:CCAPI]]

[[Category:CCAPI]]

Revision as of 02:32, 8 March 2010

Overview

CommonSpot has an extensive API for creating content (pages, subsites, images etc...). The API can however, be a bit difficult to work with. The CCAPI is a library utility packaged with the ADF. Using the CCAPI you can complete simple tasks like creating a page easily with code like this:

metadata=structNew();
metadata.templateID=9122;
metadata.name="My New Page";
metadata.title="My New Page Title";
application.ADF.csPage.createPage(metadata);

The CCAPI is essentially an application but is located in the ADF Library in the /ADF/lib/CCAPI directory. The CCAPI components work together to make it easy to add/modify content programmatically.

CCAPI details

The CCAPI is actually a series of components in combination with a configuration file that piggybacks on top of the Application Site Config option.

CFC's

Config