PT Forum Overview
About Forums App
The Forums application is built in the Application Development Framework (ADF).
The Forums application provides the ability to create an online message board inside a CommonSpot site. Also, with the option to integrate with other ADF applications, like PT Profiles.
With this application users can post and manage multiple Forum Categories, Topics and Threads.
Inheritable group permissions can be assigned for read, post, edit rights.
ADF Library components that are required for the Forums application:
The ADF must be configured correctly for your site. The Site Configuration (ADF.cfc) wiki page has instructions for configuration.
The Forums application contains the following:
- Custom Coding - various components and scripts.
- CommonSpot Components:
Note: Elements may contain one or more: Render Handlers or Custom Field Types. They do NOT use Display Templates.
This installation guide assumes that you have no Custom Elements/Metadata Forms with the names above. Before the install, remove any Custom Elements/Metadata Forms with the names listed in the "Contents" section above. (If you do not remove existing elements with these names, you may have difficulties during the installation.)
Each of the following steps should be completed fully and in the order presented:
- Download/Extract PT Forum Application
- PT Forum ADF Configuration
- Import Custom Elements
- Site Configuration
- Build Subsites, Templates and Pages
The installation has been completed and you are ready to start posting to the forums.
- Navigate to the Configuration Manager page and edit the single record. Update the Default Security for the forums. Set the site administrators group to have admin rights.
- Navigate to the Forum Home/Category Page. The New Category button will be rendered above the table. Click the button and create a new category for the forum.
- After you have a category created, then create a topic, a thread, and a message post.
- Navigate to the Forum webadmin and review the datasheets to make sure the data matches what you have created.
If everything works with no problems/errors, then you are ready to launch the Forums.
Found a bug? View the PT Forum Issues page. Your issue not on the list? Post it so the issue can be addressed.