Get the code and configure CF/Web
The following steps outline how to download the ADF and configure CommonSpot and your sites to use the ADF
- Download the ADF (two options)
- Create a directory on your server named "ADF" at the same level as CommonSpot. The name of the folder is "ADF" and must be all capital letters. The ADF should not be created within a CommonSpot site directory.
- Copy the contents of this zip file into the ADF directory.
- Create a ColdFusion Mapping ( /ADF ) to the ADF directory
- Create a Website Mapping ( /ADF ) to the ADF directory
Note: At this point the ADF has been set up for the server.
Set up the ADF to work with a site
Starter Files are located in the /ADF/core/site-sample directory. This contains a starter 'custom-application.cfm', 'ADF.cfc', 'ajaxProxy.cfm', and 'lightboxProxy.cfm'. These files contain the basic initialization code for the ADF configuration into a site.
- Copy the ADF.cfc, ajaxProxy.cfm, and lightboxProxy.cfm into the sites /_cs_apps/ directory.
- Identify if your site is currently using a custom-application.cfm file.
- If your site is running a custom-application.cfm file, then add a cfinclude tag with the template path /ADF/core/load_site_adf.cfm into the top of your sites custom-application.cfm.
- If not, then copy the custom-application.cfm to your site's root (ColdFusion restart is required).
- Reset the ADF for the Server and Site.
- You are good!
Note: you will need to repeat the steps in "Set up the ADF" for each site utilizing the ADF