PT Social Media Twitter App Registration
Twitter App Registration
To be able to retrieve Twitter content via Social Media app you will need to register your “install” of the Social media App as a Twitter application. This will allow the App components to be authenticated with Twitter to allow your app to retrieve the Twitter data feeds for posts.
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/ and set up your Twitter application under your account as a Twitter Developer
- Click the “Create a new application” button in the upper right corner of the "My Application" page
- Under the Application Details section, enter a "Name" for your app. (Basically, give “your install of the ptSocialMedia app” a name. The name is up to you. ie. My Site's SocialMedia App.)
- Enter a "Description".
- Enter a "Website" URL. (This one should be easy.)
- Note: A "Callback URL" is NOT needed.
- Check the box to agree to the Twitter "Rules of the Road"
- Fill in the CAPTCHA info correctly
- Click the ‘Create Your Twitter Application’ button
- Make note of (or Copy) the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret that are generated for your new Twitter application.
Update PT Social Media App Configuration
(PT Social Media App v2.1 or higher)
- Go to the Social Media App configuration management page
- Enter the Twitter Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into the Social Media Configuration under the Twitter API tab.
- Once the new data has been entered and saved… click the “Reset ADF / App Configuration” button at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: In v2.1 the twitter API Consumer fields are labeled as 'Customer Key' and 'Customer Secret'