PT Photo Gallery Version 2.2 Upgrade
This guide is to upgrade the PT Photo Gallery v2.2 from v2.1. If you are updating from a version earlier than v2.1, please follow the v2.1 Upgrade Guide before upgrading.
For v2.2, the updates are only for code bug fixes. No updates are needed to the CommonSpot custom elements or pages.
ADF Application Code Review
This is only for reviewing the code that is in the "/ADF/apps/" directory, not at the site level.
- Download the application from the Community project page.
- Unzip the application zip folder.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the current app code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are not overwritten by the app update.
- A great tool to use is Beyond Compare to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- Once this is complete, then move your app customizations into the new app code package.
- Renamed directory "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery" to "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery_v2".
- Renamed file "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery_v2/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery_v2/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Downloaded the PT Photo Gallery v2.1 and exported into the "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery/" directory.
- Reset the ADF.
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_photo_gallery/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.