PT Page Rating Getting Started
From ADF Docs
Revision as of 15:16, 25 February 2013 by Mcarroll (Created page with '== Adding rating to Your Pages == There are 3 options for adding the ratings to your pages: # Base Plus One Template controlled through custom metadata - This will allow the all …')
Adding rating to Your Pages
There are 3 options for adding the ratings to your pages:
- Base Plus One Template controlled through custom metadata - This will allow the all the site pages to have a metadata option to show or hide the page rating element .
- Template - Add the page rating custom script into a template and then all the pages derived from this template will have page rating.
- Page - On a page by page basis a custom script can be added directly into the page to display the page rating module.
The following steps will outline the 3 install options.
- Create a new custom metadata form, or add to an existing custom metadata form (preferably if you have a custom metadata form for layout options this would be a good place).
- Add a new "checkbox" field with the following values:
- Field Name: displayPageRating
- Type: Checkbox
- Label: Display Page Rating
- Description: Check this field to display the Page Rating module into the page for all users.
- Properties: You have the option here to default this value to checked by default.
- On the Base Plus One Template
- Add a custom script module into the container or area of the page for the page rating.
- Define the explicit path for the following:
- Important Note: Based on your custom metadata form this custom script MAY need to be customized for your implementation.
- Navigate to your template or page.
- Add a custom script to the page (under Miscellaneous)
- Specify the location of the custom script to be:
- Submit the page.