Difference between revisions of "PT Link Builder Configuration"

From ADF Docs
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 26: Line 26:

* Locate the link builder field in the custom element and edit the field.  

* Locate the link builder field in the custom element and edit the field.  

* Open the Properties and enter the URL to the Link Builder Actions page that was created.  

* Open the Properties and enter the URL to the Link Builder Actions page that was created.  
 +
 +
== Rendering Link Builder Data ==
 +
# In the render handler for the element containing the link builder field, this code is required to return the data from the Link Builder Data custom element.
 +
#  Add the following code into your render handler when looping over the render handler data array:
 +
##  // Get the Link Builder Data for the UUID's
 +
##  linkDataArray = application.articleEditor.ceData.getCEData("Link Builder Data", "uuid", items[i].Values.LINKS);
 +
###  Where “items[i].Values.LINKS” is the link builder field in the custom element.

[[Category:Blogs]]

[[Category:Blogs]]

Revision as of 16:17, 28 January 2011

Site Configuration

• Make sure the ADF is setup and running on the site. If the ADF is not setup, then follow the instructions for ADF Installation.
  • Open the sites 'ADF.cfc' ( See Site Configuration (ADF.cfc) for more info) file in a text editor. Locate the Load the ADF Application into application space comment in the file. Add the following command under the comment section:
loadApp("ptLinkBuilder");

Element Import

• Import the Link-Builder-Data-Custom-Element.zip

Custom Field Type Import

• Navigate to the CommonSpot administrator and open the Manage Custom Field Types dialog.
  • Import the Link Builder custom field type (link_builder/Link-Builder-Custom-Field-Type.zip).
  • Edit the properties and check the explicit module paths. If the paths are not correct for unlock the field type and edit the explicit paths to use “/ADF/extensions/…”.

Page Creation

• Create a new page called “Link Builder Act ions” from the Blank Template.
  • Insert a Custom Script module onto the page.
  • Edit the Custom Script module and enter the explicit path:
    • /ADF/extensions/customfields/link_builder/link_builder_actions.cfm
  • Publish this page.

Implementing the Link Builder Custom Field

• When implementing the link builder field, the properties need to be setup for the field in the custom element.
  • Locate the link builder field in the custom element and edit the field.
  • Open the Properties and enter the URL to the Link Builder Actions page that was created.

Rendering Link Builder Data

1. In the render handler for the element containing the link builder field, this code is required to return the data from the Link Builder Data custom element.
  2. Add the following code into your render handler when looping over the render handler data array:
    1. // Get the Link Builder Data for the UUID's
    2. linkDataArray = application.articleEditor.ceData.getCEData("Link Builder Data", "uuid", items[i].Values.LINKS);
      1. Where “items[i].Values.LINKS” is the link builder field in the custom element.