PT Import Content
The PT Import Content project allows CS Owners to easily import content via the Content Creation API. The basic controls import subsites and page content into Formatted Text Blocks based on a formatted spread sheet. Imported content for subsites and pages can also be re-imported and modified.
The import process:
- Import Subsite content into the Subsite Mapping Custom Element
- Process the records in the Subsite Mapping Custom Element [create subsites]
- Import Page content into the Page Mapping Custom Element
- Process the records in the Page Mapping Custom Element [create pages]
- Identify documents in imported page content blocks and store in Document Mapping Custom Element.
- Process the records in the Document Mapping Custom Element [upload documents]
- Identify images in imported page content blocks and store in Image Mapping Custom Element.
- Process the records in the Image Mapping Custom Element [upload images]
- Fix Page links
Follow the installation steps to setup and configure the application in the new site.
The first step for the import is to identify the content that is being imported to the CommonSpot site. There are two methods to accomplish this. The application can be connected to an existing CommonSpot site database or populated to database tables.
The following Migration Configuration page will setup the source subsite and page data to be connected to a CommonSpot site database and then imported into the Subsite Mapping and Page Mapping custom elements.
For content imports not from an existing CommonSpot site, the data will be imported (if necessary) into a database table and then imported into the Subsite Mapping and Page Mapping custom elements. Mapping Data:
The import process is divided into four main categories: subsites, pages, documents, and images. These are menu items on the PT Import Content Dashboard page.
Each categories import processing works in two steps, mapping and building. Mapping is the process of identifying the data for subsites, pages, documents, and images that will be imported to the new site. This data is stored in mapping custom elements that can be modified through the dashboard in CommonSpot. Once the mapping data is loaded into the mapping custom elements, the build process reads these data records and creates/updates the necessary subsites, pages, documents, or images.
The final step is a process to fix links for the import content pages. This means updating links in imported text blocks that link to an import page, and fixing text blocks document and image links/URLs. The fix links process dynamically builds the mapping data based on the pages, documents, and images imported.
Outlined below are the steps and instructions for running each categories process to complete the import.
- Dashboard Overview
- Fix Links
- Delete pages needs CSSecurity integration
- Delete Page and Subsite Mapping content needs CSSecurity integration
- Update Page Mapping - set NeedsUpdate = 1 (to reprocess content)
- Fix Links Method for PageController.cfc
- Pages Mapped
- Subsites Mapped
- Subsites Created
- Subsites Needed to be Created
- Pages Needed to be Updated