PT Comments Install v2.1
This guide is to upgrade the PT Comments v1.0 to v2.1.
For v2.1, the primary change that occurred was a bug fix requiring updates to potentially the .HEAD file and to a filter on pages where the Comment element exists.
If you added the following code to your site's .HEAD file:
<cfset request.params.comments.contentDataPageID = request.page.id>
you will need to modify the .HEAD and change the code to the following:
<cfset request.comments.contentDataPageID = request.page.id>
Next, you will need to change the render mode filter on any page or template where the comments element is used:
- Update the render mode on the Comments element
- Select "Display existing element data (content reuse)"
- Select "Render results dynamically based on a filter, or display all records."
- click on filter
- select "Subset of records"
- in the dropdown select Comments.contentDataPageID
- Set the comparison to equals
- click the ... next to the value
- change request.params.comments.contentDataPageID to request.comments.contentDataPageID
- Sort Order: dateTimePosted ASCENDING
- click save
- submit your page