PT Blog Version 4.2 Upgrade
Back to PT Blogs
IMPORTANT: v4.2 of this application requires ADF 2.0 or greater and CommonSpot 10.x or greater. However, using at least ADF 2.4.1 is highly recommended.
This guide for upgrading the PT Blog v4.2 application from v4.1. If upgrading from a lower version than v4.1, please follow the PT Blog Upgrade v4.1 Guide to validate your installation.
- Rename directory "/ADF/apps/pt_blog" to "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v4_1".
- Rename file "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v4_1/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v4_1/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Download the PT Blog v4.2 and extract the files and folder structure into the "/ADF/apps/pt_blog/" directory.
- Reset the ADF.
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_blog/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.