PT Photo Gallery Upgrade v3.0
This guide is to upgrade the PT Photo Gallery v3 from v2.3. If you are updating from a version earlier than v2.3, please follow the v2.3 Upgrade Guide before upgrading.
ADF Application Code Review
This is only for reviewing the code that is in the "/ADF/apps/" directory, not at the site level.
- Download the application from the Community project page.
- Unzip the application zip folder.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the current app code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are not overwritten by the app update.
- A great tool to use is Beyond Compare to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- Once this is complete, then move your app customizations into the new app code package.
- Rename directory "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery" to "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery_v2".
- Rename file "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery_v2/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery_v2/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Move the PT Photo Gallery v3 and into the "/ADF/apps/pt_photo_gallery/" directory.
- Reset the ADF
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_photo_gallery/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.
Reset the ADF
Reset the ADF for the server and site.