PT Blog Upgrade v3.1
This guide is to upgrade the PT Blog v3.1 application. If upgrading from a lower version than v3, please follow the Version 2.2 Install Guide to validate your installation.
- Rename directory "/ADF/apps/pt_blog" to "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v3_0".
- Rename file "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v3_0/appBeanConfig.cfm" to "/ADF/apps/pt_blog_v3_0/appBeanConfig.cfm.old".
- Download the PT Blog v3.1 and exported into the "/ADF/apps/pt_blog/" directory.
Reset the ADF
Reset the ADF for the server and site.
Site Level Customizations Review
This is only for reviewing the site level customizations in the "/_cs_apps/pt_blog/" directory, not in the ADF directory.
- Analyze the updated app code compared to the app customization code on your server.
- Identify any customizations that you have made to the application code to make sure these are updated with any functionality.
- Again, Beyond Compare is a good tool to compare the new and current file to identify the exact lines of code that have been changed.
- This is important for components that have customized functions to the site level "/_cs_apps/". The best practice is to identify the function that have been customized and compare with the new app function to identify any updates. A good help is to check the function comment header to see if any updates have been made.
- Once completed, Reset the ADF.